Good Morning! Happy Christmas Eve!
This week sure has flown by. I’m hoping the next few days go a little slower. Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year because I get to spend time with my loved ones. I don’t get to see some of them very often so I am very grateful that we all get to be together for a little while anyways.
I wanted to pop in today to do a little thinking out loud in the form of a Christmas survey! I love doing these and given the time of the year, I couldn’t think of a better one to do. Thanks for the link up Amanda!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? How about white peppermint hot chocolate haha. I like sweet things so I’m leaning more towards hot chocolate, but I’m also a fan of egg nog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Growing up, they were unwrapped. I have no idea what I’ll do when I have a family of my own.
3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white? I like the look of white lights on a tree and on the house. I like that you can add colour with the ornaments and other decorations!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope, never have growing up.
5. When do you hang your decorations up? I don’t do any decorating myself yet and I can’t remember from when I was younger. I have a feeling I’m going to be one of those people that does it early though.
6. What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Turkey with cranberry sauce (the homemade stuff, not that gross canned jelly one!) I love having it as leftovers in sandwiches too!
7. Favourite holiday memory as a child? When we were younger we used to get up at a ridiculous hour on Christmas morning because we were so excited. One Christmas, my sister woke my mom around 4 in the morning and she told my sister to go back to bed for another hour. My mom then went to the bathroom and while she was gone, my sister set the clock in my parent’s room ahead before going back to her room. A few minutes later, my sister runs back to my parent’s room saying it’s been another hour. My mom sees the time on the clock so we all get up. It wasn’t until we had finished opening presents that she realized what my sister had done!
8. What is on your Christmas wishlist? Honestly, the only I need is money to pay bills and my student loans back. I don’t really have anything on my wishlist except that.
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? As a kid, we were always allowed to open one gift on Christmas Eve. Usually, we would pick my Aunt Pat’s because she always gave us new Barbies.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I actually haven’t decorated a tree in a few years, but my dad’s tree has white lights with silver garland and silver, blue, and white ornaments.
11. Snow? Love it or dread it? I love it to an extent. After the winter we had last year, I’m hoping we don’t get as much snow. I love it so I can go skiing, but I’m not a fan of when it gets messy out.
12. Real tree or fake tree? We’ve always had fake trees, but when I have a place of my own and a tree, I’ll be getting a real one!
13. Do you remember your favourite gift? This is going to be lame, but for the past few years, my mom has been getting my things for the kitchen so when I move out, I’ll have most of the stuff already. So far, I have silverware, pots/pans, knife block, blender, and a few other little things!
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Hands down getting to see my family and spending time with them. Also, the food is pretty important too haha.
15. What is your favourite holiday dessert? Pumpkin Pie!
16. What is your favourite tradition? My aunt and uncle always do a brunch/lunch on Boxing Day and it’s one of my favourite traditions. I get to see my cousins and we always laugh a lot. It’s a fun afternoon and I look forward to it every year.
17. What tops your tree? We had an angel growing up.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I’m not that great at coming up with gifts for people, but I love the look on their face when they open it so I would say giving.
19. What is your favourite Christmas song? Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) – Michael Bublé! Actually anything off his Christmas album!
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? Yum!
21. Favourite Christmas movie? How am I suppose to choose? I really like The Holiday, Miracle on 34th Street, and the claymation Rudolph movie with the elf that wants to be a dentist!
22. What do you leave for Santa? Growing up, we left him cookies, milk, carrots for his reindeer, and a note.
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? Not really anymore, but when I was younger, we used to wake up, make breakfast, and then open our stockings while eating.
24. Do you prefer to shop online or at the mall? It depends what I’m buying, but usually the mall. I don’t really buy that much online.
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card? I don’t think we’ve ever done anything with pictures, but I know my mom always sent Christmas cards out. I really like the idea of doing a Christmas card picture every year, maybe when I have a family of my own I’ll do that.
Those are all the questions! Have a great day!
Feel free to answer any of the questions from the survey ☺