Hi Folks! Have you been having a good week?
I can’t believe it’s the last day of 2015! Like most people, around this time of the year I start to reflect on the year, what I’ve accomplished, what I’ve learned, and what I hope to do in the next year.
In today’s post, I’m going to talk about some of my goals for 2016 and take a look back at my goals from beginning of 2015. Since my thoughts are going to be all over the place, I thought I would link up with Amanda for the last TOLT of 2015!
Last January, I made three goals for myself:
- Stop procrastinating with school work and finish my degree on Dean’s List. Well I did well with half of that goal haha. I still procrastinated a lot, but I did graduate on Dean’s List! It only took me 4 years to be on it, but I was very proud with my Dean’s List accomplishment!
- Go to the gym more. I had wanted to start going to the gym in January at least 3 times a week and just overall be more consistent with going. For most weeks, I was consistent and went, but once school started getting busy, it got cast to the side a little bit. Once I was home for the summer, I really got into a good routine that I’ve started up again since being home from Germany.
- Worry less. I’ve always been a worrier and this has actually gotten worse in the last few months of the year
Over the last half of the year, I also started making goals monthly or weekly since having one big one was a little daunting. This is something I want to continue into this year too! I think it’s important to either end your day with your goals and things you have to do the next day or to start the day by doing it. I found my most productive days were the days I did that.
I’d also like to share my goals to start the year with.These are overall ones I would like to accomplish for the year. I still plan to do monthly, weekly, or daily goals, but I like having bigger ones for the year too!
- Blogging: In 2016, I want to take blogging more seriously. I’ve found over the past few months that I’ve really loved doing it and being consistent with it. I’d like to come up with a schedule for posts and plan them out better. I’m also thinking about hosting with Bluehost.
- Gym: I know, I know, everyone says working out more, but I have more specific goals this year. I’ve always hated cardio, but I enjoy how I feel after I’m done with it. I would like to start implementing more circuits or sprints to really get my heart rate up and to strengthen my heart. When I lift, my heart rate does go up, but I want to improve my cardiovascular health in 2016. I also want to work on my squats and deadlifts as well as having a plan when I go to the gym. Lately, I’ve been writing my workout out while I’m at the gym. I want to be better at having a plan before I walk into the gym!
- Anxiety: I’ve mentioned this in a few blog posts, but late in 2015, I’ve started experiencing anxiety for the first time. I would like to get help for this because I don’t want to live with the weight of it on me. If I can learn coping strategies and work to not have anxiety, I know I will enjoy things in my life a lot more!
- Food Choices: This past month I have been choosing convenience when it comes to my food choices. In 2016, I want to work on getting my micronutrients in more. I did pretty well in the summer when I was meal prepping for work, but haven’t really been doing that since work ended in September.
Those are my 4 big goals for 2016! Like I mentioned, I do think it’s beneficial to have smaller goals for the day, week or month, but having bigger goals for the whole year to work on are good too.
Anyways, that’s all from me today! I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Have fun and be safe!
What are your thoughts on New Years Goals/Resolutions?
Do you like having goals for the year or do you like having ones for the day, week or month?