Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend!
I’m currently still in Stockholm, but will be coming home later today. Since I’m writing this in the past so I have something to put up, I thought I would do a survey today!
Julia did this survey a couple weeks ago and I thought it would be fun to do on my blog! I recently found Julia’s blog and I love how her posts are written. I highly recommend that you check her out if you have the chance.
Healthy Living Survey
- What did you eat for breakfast? My breakfast was more of a lunch, but I had spaghetti squash with meat sauce and a rice cake with garlic butter! I wanted to use up our leftovers from a few days ago so I had this!
- How much water do you drink each day? It depends on the day, but between 100 oz and 150 oz. Is that too much? I don’t know, but it makes me feel hydrated.
- What is your current favourite workout? I actually haven’t really been working out lately. I just don’t really want to right now. Usually, I prefer training my lower body because my upper body is already pretty conditioned. The lower body workout below is one I had in my Friday Favourites a couple weeks ago and I really enjoyed it! You can check out this post for an explanation of it!
- How many calories do you eat each day? I couldn’t tell you! Before coming to Germany, I was doing flexible dieting and tracking my macros, but now I just eat when I’m hungry. I still try to be conscious of the three macronutrients, but I’m not putting everything into MFP anymore.
- What are your favourite healthy snacks? I’ve always loved rice cakes with peanut butter and banana, but I love to eat greek yogurt or cottage cheese too. Also, nuts! As you can see, there are a lot of snacks that I enjoy eating.
- What do you usually eat for lunch? Lately, my lunches have been breakfasts so I’ll have eggs or oatmeal!
- What is your favourite body part to train? Honestly, I enjoy training all of my body, well except for one part. If I had to pick a favourite, I would have to say shoulders because I think mine look pretty good (don’t mean to toot my own horn).
- What is your least favourite body part to train? Abs! I never train them! I think in the past two months I could probably count the amount of times I’ve specifically trained them on one hand! Most of the exercises I do involve stabilizing or keeping my core tight, but I don’t just focus entirely on them.
- What are your “bad” food cravings? I don’t like to think of food as bad, so I’d say there are none. There are some foods that I know don’t really do my body any good since they lack vitamins and nutrients, but it’s still alright to eat those every now and then. Things like chocolate, cookies, and ice cream, which I normally do eat almost daily, but they’re not “bad”, they just don’t provide my person with nutrients that it needs.
- Do you take vitamins or supplements? I’m so bad at vitamins! Back in Canada, I would try to take a multivitamin every day, but most days I just forgot. As for supplements, I use pre-workout if I need it and protein powder, but that’s it as of right now. In the summer when I was training more, I was taking aminos during my workout to help with recovery, but I have since ran out and haven’t bought more.
- How often do you eat out? Not that often at all. Although, with the travelling that Matthias and I will be doing this month, that number will be increased since we don’t have other options.
- Do you eat fast food? Yes! Although not as much since being in Germany. There isn’t really anything close by for fast food. I’ve had McDonald’s once, but that’s it. Back home, I didn’t go crazy with fast food, but I probably ate it once or twice a month.
- Who is your biggest supporter? My family and Matthias hands down! They’re always there for me. Matthias is always really good at supporting me when I get down on myself so I really appreciate that. All of them are always celebrating the important moments in my life! I am very grateful for all of them!
- Do you have a gym membership? Not currently!
- How many hours of sleep do you get a night? Usually between 8-10.
- Do you have a cheat day? Nope, I don’t believe in cheat days. It makes it sound like you need to earn them or something. I believe in not eating junk food 24/7 haha. If I want something, I’ll usually eat it.
- Do you drink alcohol? Call me a grandma, but I don’t see the point in drinking. I’ll have a drink if I’m at a party, out to eat, or something like that, but I don’t really see the appeal in getting drunk anymore. Not to mention, it doesn’t help with the acid reflux.
- Do you have a workout buddy? In the summer I was training my sister so she was my workout buddy and during school I would go with Matthias or my don. I also really enjoy working out on my own though. I can just zone out and do my thing!
- What’s the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle? I’ve learned a lot about balance which has helped my live a happier, healthier life. I’ve learned that being healthy doesn’t mean only eating “clean” or working out everyday, but it’s about eating the things that don’t provide your body with nutrients and vitamins in moderation and eating more of the things that do help you. I’ve learned that you need to take rest days. I’ve also learned that in order to maintain balance, you need to know when to talk to someone instead of letting the things that are bothering or stressing you pile up (something I’m still working on).
- What is the last healthy thing you did? I just had a snack because I was hungry!
Those are my answers! Have a great day and I’ll catch you tomorrow to fill you in on Sweden!
What are your thoughts on “cheat days”?
What’s your current favourite workout?
Feel free to answer any of the other questions from the survey!