I Made It!

Good morning! How was everyone’s weekends? I’m coming to you from Germany today! I still haven’t quite adjusted to being here yet, but I’m taking it day by day.

I thought I would pop in today to talk about my weekend and how my travelling went. In true Monday fashion, I’ll be linking up with Katie for Marvelous in my Monday and Erin for Weekend Snapshots!


Early Friday morning at 2:30, my alarm went off. I woke up wide awake and it didn’t feel like I had only gotten 4 hours of sleep. I looked at my phone and saw my flight was delayed 7 hours! Originally, I was suppose to leave at 6:05, but now it said we were only leaving at 12:46 (which then changed to 1:01). I didn’t know if I should go to the airport or not, but decided I would be more anxious if I didn’t so off we went. After spending two hours in line, I found out it was too early to get my boarding passes so my mom, aunt, and uncle headed to get some breakfast. We headed back up to try again around 9 and I got them! I decided that I wanted to just get through security so I said my goodbyes and off I went. Security was what I was worried about because I watch a lot of the Border Security shows. Obviously it wasn’t anything like that and I was through in probably 10 minutes. Once on the other side, I set myself up to do some blog reading and texting while waiting for my plane. My terminal didn’t have a lot of food options, but I did end up getting my last Timmy’s that I’ll have for awhile.

When they announced boarding, my heart started to beat really fast, but otherwise I just kept telling myself to breathe. This was my first plane ride (except for when I was a baby) so I had no idea what to expect. The flight went off without a hitch. I realized I actually really like flying and I took a little nap. That flight was two hours long. I took a stereotypical “I’m on a plane” picture, but it was way too pretty not to!12000061_10156709081780377_1548973404_nI flew into JFK where I had about 5 hours to make my next flight. I was originally suppose to have 11 (after spending 5 there, I’m really happy that I had the delay in the morning). Security there was a lot more hectic with more people. Nonetheless, I made it through and was ready to wait. Before I knew it, it was time to board my next flight. This one was to be 7 hours and was probably the one I was most nervous for. I was sat next to this nice, older couple that were going to Paris. I managed to sleep for a fair amount (off and on mostly), but around 5 when we were about 2 hours away from Paris, I couldn’t get back to sleep. My legs were starting to get restless, but I had the window seat and didn’t want the couple to have to get up. Flying into Paris was really cool as I was able to see all the lights in the towns below.

After landing, I made my way to a different terminal for my next flight. This took a lot less time than I thought it would. Going through security and customs here was super quick. I had expected them to ask questions about why I was going in, but the man just stamped my passport and off I went. When I made it to my terminal, I headed to the bathroom to clean up a bit then got comfy at my gate. I ended up taking a quick power nap, but kept myself busy texting Matthias (we were finally on the same time zone) and reading!

My last flight was only an hour and a half so it went by crazy fast! I snoozed off and on, before I knew it we were descending. When I got off the plane, I immediately started looking for baggage signs and was making my way there when someone came up to me and asked if I needed any help. I looked up and saw Matthias! He works at the airport so he was able to be airside to surprise me! We made our way to baggage claim before heading back to his office. It was around this time that I started to feel very overwhelmed and tired so the tears started.

After that little cry, we made our way to a grocery store to pick a couple things up for a couple days. When we arrived to his parent’s house, I was feeling a little better, but still really overwhelmed. I met his parents then we headed upstairs so I could relax a bit. It felt so great to be reunited with my love!12026693_10156709081765377_1594188582_n

I ended up falling asleep around 9 and slept until about 9:30 Sunday morning. I did a quick cardio weight circuit before hopping in the shower. We made breakfast together which was really fun. I’m really looking forward to cooking together during my time here! In the afternoon, we took a walk around his village. It’s so different from Canada and really cool to see. My favorite part was being able to see the countryside after only walking for 5-10 minutes. We saw horses and sheep! 12026403_10156709081775377_1351465798_n 12021814_10156709081770377_463070019_nAfter our walk, we got ready and headed out to their favorite Greek restaurant. I started feeling really overwhelmed at the restaurant again since everything and everyone around me was German. I’m learning so I could recognize a few words, but I’m nowhere near confident enough to try speaking anything. The food here was amazing! I had the turkey souvlaki and it was delicious! I also tried some of Matthias’ gyro that was really good too!

After returning home, Matthias and I watched We Are The Millers to relax a bit. I was up until just after 12 and slept until 10 this morning. I want to get my sleep schedule back on track, but I also know my body is still trying to adjust itself.

That was my weekend in a nutshell. I’m still feeling really overwhelmed, but I know with time it will get better. I’m so happy to be back in the same place as Matthias, it’s just going to take getting used to. Luckily, him and his parents are very welcoming and are here for me if I need anything.

Have a great start to your week everyone! Let me know what fun things you did this weekend!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s