Earlier this week I found out I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Maggie @ Sunnyside Up Smile! I was shocked when she commented on a post to let me know. I know it isn’t even that big of an award, but when I first started this blog back in April or May I didn’t think anyone was going to read it. I really appreciate that you thought of me Maggie!
Maggie always writes great posts! She has great recipes and posts I can relate to. Plus she takes awesome pictures to go along with her posts. They make me want to go through my screen and have a bite (because that’s totally possible.) Anyway, I just want to say thank you again for thinking of me, it means so much to me!
For those that don’t know what the Liebster Award is, it recognizes blogs that have less than two hundred followers. Once nominated, the blogger fills out a fun survey before passing this award onto eleven more blogs they think should be acknowledged.
After receiving the nomination, the blogger must:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger;
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself;
3. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you;
4. List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers (as best as you can tell based on the info provided!). They should be bloggers that you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer; and
6. Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I have lived in the same town my whole life (20 years), with the exception of eight months of the year when I am at university.
2. I love buying new workout clothes.
3. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, I love pancakes, waffles, overnight oats, muffins, eggs, anything breakfast!
4. I’m always worried I’ll stop liking the program I am in or that I won’t like my career or that it isn’t right for me.
5. I love testing out and thinking of new recipes, I made some great muffins this morning by mixing a bunch of ingredients together (I may try them again and post a recipe later.)
6. If I could live off of smoothies I would! And the thicker the better, nothing beats eating a smoothie with a spoon.
7. I think the reason why I have loved school so much is that I am involved. Ever since I can remember, I have done clubs, sports, and committees. I like knowing what I am doing is making a difference.
8. I really want to get a tattoo in remembrance of my grandfather.
9. I worry a lot. Mostly about money and my future, but also about really random things that I probably shouldn’t be worrying about.
10. Although I may not always be smiling, I am the happiest I have been in my life and I owe it all to my family, friends, boyfriend, and working out.
11. I wish I had a better camera for taking pictures for posts, but I probably won’t get one for awhile if ever.
11 Questions From Maggie:
1. If you worked in a typical school cafeteria, how would you “healthify” the menu?
I would try to cut out as much salt as possible to start! Eating meal hall food has made me so much more aware of the salt in my food because they use so much. I would also try to switch all dough to whole wheat or multigrain, add more veggies to things like pizza or sandwiches, and offer healthier dessert options!
2. What is your guilty pleasure?
Fro yo! I could eat it everyday and not get sick of it.
3. If you could pack a suitcase to anywhere right now, what would you pack and where would you go?
Honestly, anywhere outside of Canada, the farthest place I have travelled is a 16-hour car ride away to Toronto and I’ve never left North America. After seeing Tina’s posts about her Crossfit vacation in Cabo I would love to go there. I would pack my bathing suit, workout clothes, and some cute dresses. I would also really like to go to NYC. If I went there I would still pack workout clothes, some cute dresses, and a couple pair of shorts and t-shirts.
4. Have you ever lived in another country? Where and for how long?
I have not!
5. What’s your least favourite household chore?
Cleaning the bathroom! I with I could have a maid just to clean my bathroom.
6. What are your 5 must-have foods?
Bananas, oats, carrots, watemelon, and chicken
7. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I wish I was more outgoing, I’m really shy and nervous when meeting new people.
8. If you could go back to any age and relive it, which age would you choose and why?
I love being 20, but I miss being young and not having to worry about my future or money. Also, being younger would mean I could spend more time with some of my family that has passed away.
9. Who’s your favourite Disney princess?
Belle! I always wished I could wear her yellow dress and sing with household objects haha.
10. If you were forced to survive on a desert island, who would you bring with you and why?
I would probably say my boyfriend. He’s really resourceful and he never fails to make me laugh. I feel like we would be able to survive with each other’s strengths.
11. What is one of your biggest regrets?
Taking my time with my grandfather for granted. I always thought he was going to be around for a long time, but he had a stroke and passed away almost five years ago when I was in grade ten.
11 Bloggers I Nominate: As Maggie said too, please forgive me if you have over 200 followers!
1. Brittany @ Ice Cream For Breakfast
2. Hayley @ Healthy Hayls
3. Happylife Healthylife
4. Jess @ JessieBear
5. Lauren @ Lauren Runs
6. Carly @ How Dairy You
7. Paty @ Not Another Vegan Running Blog
8. Kaitlin @ California Endless Summer
9. Paige @ Fit Not Fad
10. Katie @ Peace Love & Oats
11. Courtney @ Semi-Sweet Eats
11 Questions for the Bloggers I Nominate:
1. What is your favourite music to listen to when working out?
2. Why did you start your blog?
3. Do you have any fitness goals for this year?
4. What is your favourite thing to wear?
5. Is there anything you wish you could change about yourself?
6. What is/was your favourite subject in school?
7. What/who motivates you?
8. What is your favourite type of food?
9. What are 3 things on your bucket list?
10. Are you craving anything right now?
11. What is your favourite holiday?
I can’t wait to see everyone’s responses! I hope everyone has a great day