Happy Hump Day Everyone! The thing I love about Wednesdays is that it means I get to post about what I ate! I also get to read what all my favourite bloggers ate
As always, a big thanks to Jenn for starting and hosting this weekly event! Click the link below to go to more WIAW posts. And now onto…
What I Ate
Pre-workout: banana as usual
Breaky: chocolate protein pancakes topped with honey, chia seeds, pb, and blueberries
Lunch: baby arugula and spinach salad with cucumber, tomatoes, and lemon juice with corn on the cob
Supper: bbq chicken nachos
Snacks: all of the watermelon in the container on the left, piece of toast with pb, honey, and chia seeds, an ice cream sandwich that I made with chocolate chip cookies, butterscotch ripple ice cream, and pb
I hope everyone has a great Wednesday, talk to you tomorrow
Spin class and a quick chest workout. Spin was a lot of hill climbs and some awesome music, disco and techno anyone!
After I ate breakfast I set to work on prepping some food for the next four days. I’m heading out of town for the weekend so I wanted to make sure I had enough to last me until then.
First thing I did was put four chicken breasts in the crockpot, I put enough water to cover them and sprinkled some seasonings on top. The top two pieces of chicken were the only ones to get the spices, but I plan on making BBQ chicken nachos for supper tonight so that wasn’t a big deal for me.
I also made peanut butter for the first time! I put unsalted peanuts in a food processor and turned it on until smooth! I used about two and a half cups of peanuts. This was after the first cup was done; I have a small food processor so I could only use about 1/2 cup of peanuts at a time. I tried it on protein pancakes and it was delicious!
Lastly, I cut a watermelon into chunks. I’ve already eaten almost all of the container on the left. I can’t get enough of watermelon in the summer!
That’s about all for today. Be sure to check back tomorrow for another What I Ate Wednesday!
This morning I was up and at the gym for 7:45 spin class. I had never taken a class before and I was a little nervous, but I am so happy I went! It was one the best workout experiences I’ve had. The amount of sweat on me by the end of the hour was surprising. I knew I was going to sweat a lot, but wow! I love working up a good sweat, it makes me feel like I’m actually doing something.
Afterwards, I headed to work for a few hours. I was suppose to work until seven, but it wasn’t very busy so I didn’t mind leaving around three when they asked. After work I stopped by the ice cream store where my friend works. I probably shouldn’t of gotten any, but I did… oops.
Well I’m off to heat up some chicken and sweet potatoes, have a good day
1. I get to see my boyfriend in a week! I haven’t seen him in almost two weeks since we’ve been working and we live three hours apart in the summer. It sucks during the summer, but at least I see him everyday for eight months of the year!
2. I ate way way way way too much junk last night at a work potluck. I knew I was going to so I ate healthy during the day. I know it doesn’t make up for it, but it isn’t like I eat like that every day.
3. Last week in my Fun Facts Friday I mentioned I was trying to eat a little cleaner over the next couple weeks. Well, that hasn’t really happened. I always find myself eating a treat at least once a day. I just can’t seem to kick the habit.
4. I bought a Garmin Forerunner 10! It was kind of a spur of the moment purchase, but I can’t wait to try it out on a run!
5. I’ve been slacking on cardio too much. I should be doing 30-40 minutes a day, but I’ve only been doing 10-15. I workout in the morning and I always feel so sluggish when I’m at the gym. I think it has to do with the food I’ve been eating which is another reason why I want to eat better.
6. A cleaned room makes me feel more at peace. My room usually gets pretty messy because I just throw all my clothes on the floor. I spent yesterday afternoon cleaning it up and going through my binders from this past year of school.
7. I get to see my friends tomorrow night and I am so excited. I don’t see them as often as I would like since we are all working. We are celebrating my friend’s birthday!
Have a great day everyone!
Good morning folks!
Yesterday after work I came home to my first Kona Kase.
I had read about the monthly subscription service on another blog. I completely forget which one though (my bad). Anyways, the company chooses eight nutritional products each month and sends them out. The boxes cost $15 a month with free shipping in the US and $8 shipping to Canada. Here’s what I received in the July box:
1. Barbara Llewellyn Granola: rolled oats, sliced almonds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, honey sweetened and spiced.
2. Garuka Bars: simple, wholesome ingredients for all-natural energy.
3. Caveman Cookies: made with honey, nuts, and berries.
4. Perky Jerky: all natural turkey jerky.
5. Health Warrior Chia Bar: made with chia seeds which are loaded with antioxidants and plant-based protein.
6. Pro Bar: organic chews loaded with electrolytes, B vitamins, antioxidants, and complex carbs.
7. Enjoy Life: seed and fruit mix.
8. Body Glove Surge Gel: energy gel that delivers rapid and sustained natural energy
I’m excited to give these products a try and will be sure to let you guys know what I liked and what I didn’t! I’m not sure if I have a use for the gel as I don’t really go on long runs. Any idea what else I could use it for? I think I’m most excited to try the chia bar. I’ve heard so many great things about it.
I hope everyone has a great day
Happy Hump Day!
A big thank you to Jenn for hosting this wonderful blogging day! After you’re through reading what I ate, go check out what she ate along with plenty of others!
What I Ate
Pre-Workout: a banana like usual
Breaky: chocolate protein pancakes topped with some defrosted strawberries, almonds, chia seeds, and a little honey
Lunch: my cauliflower pizza turned baked omelette with cheddar cheese, turkey sausage, crushed tomatoes, and red peppers
Snack: original Greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder, chocolate cheerios, and reese peanut butter chips (inhaled it before taking a picture, sorry guys!)
Supper: grilled chicken with a sweet chilli sauce, sweet potatoes, and carrots
Snack: peanut butter and nutella fro yo topped with reese, reese pieces, oreos, white chocolate chips, cookie dough, coconut, and caramel sauce (I tend to go for really sweet over fruit when I get fro yo because I don’t get it that often)
Questions of the Day:
What did you guys eat today?
What do you like to treat yourself with?
Good morning everyone!
After my fail of cauliflower pizza I headed out to our cottage with my sister; my cousin came up with her son. I wasn’t planning on going in the water, but a game of tag broke out with the little kids and I couldn’t say no. After awhile we headed back up to make supper. My sister and I barbequed chicken, carrots, and sweet potatoes. It was delicious! We headed back into town and stopped for some fro yo. All the running around tired me out and I was asleep before 10!
Since doing the LiveFit program I’ve only been sore the day after a workout three or four times. This morning was a different story, a mix of leg day and running around left my hamstrings sore and tight this morning. I pushed through my workout and am sitting around until I go into work.
Hope everyone had a great day!